|“||I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.||”|
– Fallout: Equestria, Chapter 33
Littlepip in her Stable suit.
|Title||The Stable Dweller|
The Light Bringer(c.27)
|- SPOILER WARNING -
Comatose; inside S.P.P. pod(c.Epilogue)
|Eyes||Ambiguous (popularly green or light brown)|
|Mane||Ambiguous (popularly brown)|
|Coat||Ambiguous (popularly steel gray)|
|Magic Aura||Mint green|
| Cutie mark|
Littlepip (aka The Stable Dweller), introduced in Chapter 1, is a unicorn mare and the lead protagonist of Fallout: Equestria. She maintains no allegiance with any particular faction, traveling independently throughout the Equestrian Wasteland with her companions. She hails from Stable 2, where she lived until she left to pursue a fellow resident, Velvet Remedy.
Littlepip is driven by a deep-seated desire to help other ponies and to make the wastelands a better place. Her adventures earn her the moniker of "Lightbringer," given to her by DJ Pon3, and she is considered by many who hear of her efforts to be a heroine and role model. Even though she thinks of herself as ordinary and untalented, her selfless actions and sense of justice have earned the loyalty of her allies and the respect of her enemies.
She played a significant role in shaping the wastelands 200 years after The Great War, having played a key part in the liberation of Old Appleloosa, the cleansing of several Stables, the defeat of Mister Topaz and dismantling of the Shattered Hoof Raiders, the Steel Rangers' civil war, the destruction of The Goddess, and other major events.
In combat, Littlepip has been known to use a Zebra Rifle and a scoped pistol called Little Macintosh, and relies on her skill in telekinesis and her PipBuck's S.A.T.S. to dispatch foes with deadly accuracy. Outside of combat, she serves as her party's leader and navigator, typically deciding their destinations and tasks. She also possesses skills in lockpicking and hacking, which she uses frequently to learn more about the world Equestria has become.
Littlepip was born in Stable 2, approximately 200 years after the Great War. In Stable 2, Littlepip worked as an apprentice PipBuck technician.
Littlepip's journey began when Velvet Remedy entered the Pipbuck Technician Stall to have her PipBuck removed for maintenance. After Velvet went missing from the Stable, Littlepip discovered the code to open the Stable door and made the decision to escape Stable 2 to bring her idol back.
Initially, Littlepip was overwhelmed by the outside world, unaware of the sheer harshness of the wastelands. She showed reluctance to kill early on, sparing Monterey Jack and trying to avoid conflict as she pursued Velvet Remedy, but eventually succumbs to the necessity of killing others, regularly engaging in combat with several wasteland factions when she is at odds with them.
In New Appleloosa, she befriends Calamity after being mistaken for a raider and nearly shot to death. After recovering, the remorseful pegasus joined her quest to find Velvet. After infiltrating Old Appleloosa, Littlepip convinced Velvet to join her as well, and defeated a Unity alicorn with her power of telekinesis.
On their way to Manehattan, Littlepip and her friends encountered several more alicorns; however, SteelHooves came to their rescue. His actions left him wounded, however, and Littlepip chose to travel into nearby Stable 29 to find the necessary equipment to repair his armor. Although Littlepip fell severely ill, both her and SteelHooves pulled through, and SteelHooves joined their team.
While at Tenpony Tower in Manehattan, Littlepip meets Homage, who is secretly the real DJ Pon3. The two become fast friends, endeared by the other's respective desire to help the wasteland become a better place, and after an extended stay in Manehattan, the two enter into a relationship.
Littlepip fell into an addiction to Party-Time Mint-als, which gave her increased perception and awareness, but the withdrawals led her to lash out at her friends, and Velvet Remedy was forced to paralyze her and drag her to a rehab clinic to be treated for it. Littlepip later flushed all her PTMs down the toilet, ending her addiction for good.
In Fillydelphia, Littlepip faced off against Xenith in a pit fight, and was nearly killed by the zebra before she incapacitated her and lifted them out of the cage with her telekinesis. After escaping from Fillydelphia, Xenith declared that Littlepip was responsible for her care, and Littlepip accepted.
Littlepip led the assault on Maripony, succeeding in killing the Goddess with a megaspell. Because the Goddess was important to the Grand Pegasus Enclave's plans, they began Operation: Cauterize, descending from the clouds to forcibly take over the wastelands and re-establish government. Littlepip organized a counterstrike and managed to enter into the S.P.P. headquarters, taking over the weather and removing the pegasus' cloud cover permanently.
Appearances in Other StoriesEdit
- Warning! The following information applies only to its associated side story, and is thus considered non-canon in the Fallout: Equestria universe.
Littlepip is often mentioned on the radio by her various titles, chronicling her various exploits. Blackjack met Littlepip as she was recovering from her cyberpony conversion surgery at Tenpony Tower. The duo snuck off to send a message to Red Eye, guaranteeing Tenpony's safety in exchange for killing The Goddess with Red Eye's assistance. Littlepip's encounter with Blackjack is removed from her mind and stored in one of the eight memory orb's Littlepip had made. Blackjack later saw Littlepip again, when she was heading into Maripony to assassinate The Goddess. Blackjack was being controlled by Unity who were going to use Blackjack to assassinate Littlepip, should she double-cross the Goddess. Blackjack witnessed Littlepip killing The Goddess and the Enclave who had come to negotiate with her.
Littlepip's exploits are initially what inspire Hired Gun to launch a rescue mission to recover her brother from the Crimson Hoof. Littlepip's achievements are heard via radios and are also mentioned by various characters that Hired meets.The consequences of Littlepip's actions are felt in the story, such as clearing the permanent cloud cover and the alicorns who have mixed reactions to Littlepip killing The Goddess.
Littlepip is first seen by Mach on the bridge in Ponyville, where the slavers who captured her came into conflict with a group of raider ponies. Mach is prevented from providing her any aid by his two squadmates Gust and Gale. Mach later sees Littlepip in New Appleloosa, but doesn't recognize her due to the stolen raider apparel she is wearing. Mach is brought to Tenpony tower whilst being manipulated by The Goddess to kill Littlepip and take the Black Book. Mach refused, once he realized Littlepip and the Stable Dweller were the same pony, as she was his inspiration for leaving the Enclave in the first place.
Murky Number Seven witnesses Littlepip's escape from the Fillydelphia arena, the Pit. Littlepip's escape sparks a riot, which leads Murky to almost escaping. Littlepip's presence is felt throughout Fillydelphia; despite the fact she had already escaped, her exploits are heard via radios, effecting various characters. Particularly her slaughter of the town of Arbu & the nearby Steel Rangers of Bucklyn Cross. Murky received a statuette of Littlepip, made of scrap metal from a fellow slave and also sees Littlepip in a vision he was receiving whilst close to death.
So far, Littlepip was mentioned one time by Zero while hacking through a terminal to acquire the PipBuck 4000. She was never physically seen or heard as Zero has yet to acknowledge who Littlepip is, referring to her name as a "miniaturized PipBuck that doubles as a novelty toy". In Manehattan, he was given a tour after reluctantly agreeing with Tootsie Roll to go sightseeing. From there, Zero saw a statue depicting Littlepip that adorned the city of Manehattan. He was surprised at her height that's roughly the size of a young filly, but he was still skeptical afterwards. He also didn't have any comment (ironically enough) regarding Littlepip having interest in mares.
Aside from being female and of a smaller frame than most ponies, not much else is known about her physical appearance, which is left vague. Her cutie mark is a Pipbuck, she wears her Pipbuck on her right foreleg, is always in her Stable bardings, and carries several saddlebags. Initially she did not care about her appearance, resorting to wear even raider armor as protection despite the dangers of appearing as one. Early on, her enemies often underestimated her due to her unimpressive demeanor and size, but by the end the arsenal she carried at all times was enough to scare other ponies.
The image used on this page is the most common fan depiction, and is based only on conjecture. It is assumed, however, that Littlepip has plain hair, as she often admires other mares' manes and even remarked to herself how she wished for Rainbow Dash's hair. It can also be assumed that Littlepip is cute, as she was able to charm her way past guard ponies when she was under the effects of Party-Time Mintals.
Littlepip is a smart unicorn, prone to witty verbal remarks as well as many colorful epithets. She is able to concoct well thought-out plans for both herself and her team, often adding backups and contingencies to ensure that they succeed.
She is incredibly curious, often to the point of digressing from her goals to investigate new places; her companions have pointed out this as a particular vice. She is, however, well suited to the task with skills in hacking Terminals and pre-war technology in general. Littlepip has a profound interest in Lockpicking, and is incredibly tenacious about opening all locked containers and safes she encounters.
She is affable and, due to her naive upbringing in a sheltered environment in a Stable, has a strong idea of right and wrong. However, her definition of what is right and wrong does change over time, which coupled with her natural bravery leads her into foolhardy situations from seemingly impossible rescues to dangerous missions with little more reward than just to help someone.
Littlepip possesses a fine amount of natural charisma, and has managed to gather a very diversified group of Wasteland warriors under a single banner, with her as de facto leader.
Littlepip is a lesbian. She has a marefriend, Homage, and has possessed a long-term crush on Velvet Remedy from fillyhood.
Despite coming from a peaceful Stable and possessing no prior weapons training, Littlepip becomes skilled with all kinds of small guns through necessity and uses her S.A.T.S. with noteworthy prowess and to great advantage during combat. Her most commonly used weapons include Little Macintosh, the Zebra Assault Carbine and her Sniper Rifle. She has had brief experience with melee weapons, unarmed combat and energy weapons.
Littlepip is also capable of using stealth to avoid direct combat; this is one of the reasons why she often travels light, dressed only in her armored Stable barding. She has also shown proficiency in picking many types of locks far beyond the skills of most other Wastelanders, and the same can be said for her abilities in terminal hacking.
Despite a lack in variety of spells she knows, her telekinesis skills are brought to fair and creative use during her adventure, including crushing an alicorn under a boxcar, picking several locks with no tools, creating makeshift levitating stepping stones, dismantling machines from afar, choking ponies by strangling their throats, and lifting a pack of hellhounds far into the sky to fall to their deaths. Her telekinetic power also grows to the point where she is able to levitate entire slabs of stone or crumbled wall sections with ease, and she has mastered the difficult art of self-levitation and flight.
Exposure to the Black Book has expanded Littlepip's abilities with, for lack of a better term, blood magic. Similar to how several Alicorns have used blood-born weapons to attack, Littlepip has also gained the ability to craft blood into seemingly physical objects, including spears and hardened bandages or casts. It is unknown if they are an element of her increasingly powerful telekinetics or if they are completely new spells.
Through continued exposure to Taint, Littlepip has gained a few mutations, although their exact effects are unknown. It is known that she doesn't seem to suffer any of the negative effects of prolonged radiation exposure. Indeed, prolonged exposure actually seems to heal her in a similar fashion to Alicorns, Ghouls and Balefire Phoenixes, at one point allowing her to regrow a severed limb. Life Bloom, when examining her, commented that Littlepip's biology was closer to that of an alicorn than a normal unicorn.
- Science reached 100% at level 18, chapter 17.
- Lockpicking reached 100% at level 23, chapter 22.
- Firearms reached 100% at level 29, chapter 28.
- Stealth reached 100% at the maximum level, 30, chapter 29.
Littlepip uses a variety of weapons throughout the course of her journey. Her signature weapons include her sniper rifle, an enchanted zebra rifle, and the unique revolver Little Macintosh. Littlepip also found a balefire egg launcher in Canterlot, and was able to use its ammunition, balefire eggs. Littlepip also owned two Dart Guns, giving one away to a mare whose life she had saved.
- Littlepip first saw Velvet Remedy at a birthday party for Stable Two's Overmare's daughter's birthday, and had fostered a crush on her ever since. They first met in person when Velvet Remedy brought in her PipBuck for repairs, allowing her to escape while it was in Littlepip's possession. Immediately following the opening of Stable Two, the relationship was one sided as Littlepip envisioned herself as Velvet Remedy's rescuer, while Velvet's resolve to forever be free of Stable life allowed her to emotionally detach from everyone she had known.
- Shortly after finding her at Appleloosa, responsibility reversed as Velvet Remedy repeatedly brought Littlepip back from the brink of death with her medical prowess. Velvet Remedy assumed a near maternal role in Littlepip's life, acting as a moral compass and showing concern for her well being. This, to Littlepip's initial dismay, prevented the sort of closeness that Littlepip had always dreamed of.
- Their relationship took a turn when Velvet shot Littlepip with a non-lethal Dart Gun that Littlepip had constructed for her, in order to force Littlepip to receive treatment for Party-Time Mint-al addiction. Littlepip knew that such medical intervention was necessary, but was nonetheless stung by Velvet's betrayal and lost the crush on her that she had fostered for so many years.
- Their relationship instead evolved to one of very good friends, but Littlepip can't help but admire Velvet every now and then (in a playful lustful sort of way).
- When they first met, he shot her four times due to her Raider-like appearance, almost killing her. Feeling remorse for this mistake, and for other reasons, he decided to travel with her.
- Calamity could be considered Littlepip's right-hand man, particularly during fighting, having been with her since early in the story. They were very close to each other, and he had remarkable faith in her as a leader and a friend; he acted as a strong support for her when times got rough, both in and out of combat. Though there were rare occasions when Calamity disagreed with Littlepip, he has remained unwavering in his support for her.
- Littlepip truly considers Calamity to be her first and best friend, even to the point of feeling happy for him and Velvet Remedy being in a relationship despite her immense crush on Velvet Remedy. Littlepip's realization that Calamity feels guilty for her addiction to Party-time Mint-als was one of her greatest motivation to abstain from the drug. She is also aware that Calamity has been living in the wasteland much longer than her and often turns to him for answers.
- Prior to their meeting, SteelHooves had known Littlepip as the valorous Stable Dweller. She formally met SteelHooves outside of his shack during an alicorn attack where he had been gravely injured, and she subsequently saved his life, earning his companionship.
- Littlepip considers SteelHooves to be the heavy gunner of the group, and their most dangerous combatant as well. His ability to withstand damage while continuing to fight impresses her, but with Velvet Remedy's warning, Littlepip also realizes he has a habit of ignoring his injuries. In Canterlot, Littlepip even had to order SteelHooves to 'lay down' so she could run a diagnostic on his medical status.
- Littlepip viewed a large number of memory orbs in which SteelHooves played a role. Due to this, she knew more about his past than the rest of the group. Thus, Littlepip forged a closer bond with SteelHooves than he might normally have allowed. Though she is initially repulsed by his willingness to kill behind his friends' back, Littlepip quickly realizes his heart is in the right place and accepts him for it. During the Arbu incident, SteelHooves backs Littlepip on her decision, though he also berates her for allowing anger to control her actions.
- When they first met in the pit, Littlepip immediately felt a kinship with Xenith, and repeatedly sought a peaceful resolution instead of fighting to the death. Even with her life in danger, Littlepip refused to leave Xenith after defeating her, and sought to escape with her.
- Rescued from Red Eye, she often mentioned that Littlepip is responsible for her life until she said otherwise. Xenith's knowledge of old zebra potion brewing allowed her to produce a potion capable of strengthening Littlepip even further. Though Littlepip is often unable to account for Xenith in combat due to their vastly different fighting styles, Littlepip absolutely trusts in Xenith to back her up. The two have saved each other on many occasions.
- Littlepip also cares very deeply for Xenith as a friend, and goes to great lengths for Xenith to feel comfortable among other ponies, even once helping to disguise Xenith as a pony and shopping with her. Littlepip also wishes for Xenith to be reunited with her daughter. Interestingly, Littlepip considers Xenith to be attractive, and has entertained the thought of taking part in a threesome with Homage and her.
- Littlepip formally met Homage upon her first visit to Tenpony Tower; there, she learned of Homage's alter-ego, DJ Pon3.
- Homage had great respect for Littlepip's bravery and perseverance to do what was right even when confronted with the harsh reality of the wasteland. Likewise, Littlepip respected Homage's integrity and honesty to be honest and true, even if such honesty was painful. It was these traits that led the two to enter an intimate relationship.
- Homage enjoyed pushing Littlepip beyond her comfort zone from time to time, and liked to playfully embarrass her, even so far as to have DJ Pon3 mention intimate points of their relationship across the airwaves.
- Under the guise of DJ Pon3, Homage was a source of inspiration to Littlepip. However, her insistence on building a legendary status around Littlepip's accomplishments had been embarrassing and sometimes uncomfortable for the mare. Under all these playfulness however, Homage and Littlepip truly love each other deeply, and each considers the other to be her light in the darkness.
- The very first ally whom Littlepip meets. It was Watcher's warning which alerted Littlepip to the mine outside the Carousel Boutique, thus saving her life. He then taught her about finding her own virtue, and sent her to the Ponyville Library to look for The Wasteland Survival Guide, saving Ditzy Doo in the process and paving her way to eventually meeting Calamity.
- Littlepip was initially untrusting of Watcher's intention, not knowing his true identity, and being sent in the way of danger for him multiple times. When she finally met Watcher in person and learnt he was in fact Spike the dragon, she was overcome with surprise and anger; accusing him of refusing to help those in need despite his great power. Spike then showed Littlepip the Gardens of Equestria which he had faithfully protected, and gained her utmost trust and understanding.
- While Spike and Littlepip were initially devastated to learn that she is not one of The Elements of Harmony, he has remained one of her closest ally. Littlepip is the very first pony whom he has dared reveal the Gardens of Equestria to, and she has sworn to protect it with him at all costs as well as to seek out the other elements.
- Littlepip cares greatly for Spike, and could not bear to tell him the truth of Twilight Sparkle's torturous demise, instead lying to him that she died quickly and valiantly, and that she was thinking fondly about Spike as she passed.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Though Littlepip's looks are left intentionally vague, most fan-interpretations now are based on the original art by John Joseco.
- Littlepip seems to be based on the Lone Wanderer: the player character from Fallout 3.
- She left a Stable (Vault in the Fallout universe) to chase after someone.
- She is given an armored version of a regular Stable jumpsuit.
- Littlepip's title "The Stable Dweller" is a reference to the Vault Dweller the player character from the original fallout.
- Here's a description of the character provided by the author herself.
- Kkat has released her official character sheet for Littlepip which you can find here.
- A Pipboy called a Lil' Pip 3000 was set to appear in the cancelled Fallout game Van Buren. This possibly inspired Littlepip's name.
- Littlepip's "Toaster repair pony" title is a reference to Three Dog's radio broadcast about "his toaster being broken" after the Lone Wanderer disarmed the atomic bomb in Megaton.