|“||Ya see, back durin’ the war, we pegasus ponies were Equestria’s greatest fighting force. We were the elites! The best of the best! But after Cloudsdayle was hit, well... that was it, game over.||”|
Calamity wearing his battle-saddle.
|Full Name||Deadshot Calamity|
| Cutie mark|
Dashite brand (unnatural)
Formerly a crossed wrench and hammer
When Calamity was born, complications during birth resulted in his mother's death. His name was his father's reference to her death.
When he became older, he became an officer in the Grand Pegasus Enclave like his brothers.
Calamity travels around the wasteland with Littlepip, Velvet Remedy, Steelhooves, Pyrelight, and Xenith. He is an irreplaceable member of the group, being one of their best gunners; their scout; their source of transportation; their tour guide at times; and of course, a valued companion. Most of Calamity's motivations however, are driven by Littlepip as he truly recognizes her as a worthy leader to follow and a very precious friend.
Calamity has also been noted by the others to be the looter and scavenger of the group, which serves them well anyway as he often finds bottle caps, ammunition, and tradable goods.
Though he is unhappy at being left behind at times by Littlepip to guard their supplies, or to serve as the group's backup and long-range support sniper; Calamity has proven to be one of the most loyal ponies in Equestria and stays by Littlepip's side, even when Velvet Remedy (for a short time) refused to travel with them.
As they continued to spend more time together, Calamity and Velvet Remedy grew closer, and eventually got into a relationship with Littlepip's encouragement.
The one line Calamity refuses to cross, however, is to fight his own family members who currently serve in the Enclave, even if his refusal to act causes Littlepip and the others to be in a dire situation.
Calamity is an extremely loyal pony with a strong sense of justice. This sense of justice lead to his exile from the Enclave when he refused to abide by their policy of leaving the inhabitants of the wasteland to die. Calamity has a shoot-first-ask-questions-later policy when it comes to raiders, and is usually the first to head into battle to protect caravans and those he perceives to be innocent. He is also very stubborn, leading to arguments with Velvet Remedy and a minor disagreement with Xenith.
Calamity has a rust-colored coat and always wears a black Desperado hat. His cutie mark of a screwdriver and hammer has been replaced with the brand of a storm cloud and a lightning bolt, symbolizing that he is a Dashite. He talks with a Dixie accent.
Calamity does not possess the nickname 'Deadshot' without good reason, as he is an exceptional shot, and has been ever since he trained to be a deadeye shot to impress his father at shooting competitions. His aim is unsurpassed, and he is skilled in the use of both small guns and energy weapons, either type usually mounted on both sides of his battle saddle.
He possesses a great knowledge of weapons, and is able to repair both old weaponry and assorted machinery. In addition, he has an extensive knowledge on the subject of sewing. When needed, he is quite capable of stealth (which is especially easy for pegasi, since their wings flapping make no apparent noise). His ability to repair and customize weapons or tools has been noted by many characters.
He is also trained in the use of power armor, and possesses a personal Enclave Power Armor, equipped with quad Novasurge Rifles; which he is reluctant to wear because it is not what he is anymore, and correspondingly, only wears it in dire situations.
Calamity also possesses incredible endurance, being able to fly and maneuver despite being shot and injured. His pain tolerance and stubbornness allows him to fly before his wounds are fully healed; much to the annoyance of Velvet Remedy who is usually the one to patch him up.
- Calamity can be seen as the right-hand pony for Littlepip, being by her side since their disastrous first meeting when he shot her with four bullets and almost killed her. Feeling remorse for his actions, he continues to travel with her and offers support when times get tough, both in and out of combat. They are very close to each other, and his faith in her as a leader and a friend is nothing short of unshakable. Calamity's loyalty to Littlepip is put to the test in Arbu, but he ultimately chose to forgive her even though he disagreed strongly with her decision. When Velvet left the group for a period of time, Calamity opted to stick by Littlepip's side, knowing she needed him (even though Velvet was in a relationship with him).
- Velvet Remedy
- When Calamity and Littlepip met Velvet Remedy in Old Appleloosa, Calamity was friendly and respectful to her. He respected her for her good nature and medical skills, but felt that she was annoying at times. Nonetheless, he admitted to finding her to be the most beautiful mare he had ever met. As the chapters progressed, Calamity and Velvet formed a healthy relationship. They shared their first kiss in Stable Two when Velvet was badly injured. Despite multiple disagreements, their love for each other is unwavering through the course of the story.
- Even more than their other companions, Calamity is fond of SteelHooves for his skills, arsenal, knowledge of the wastelands and willingness to help others. He was quick to accept SteelHooves as a close companion, and occasionally they share their technical knowledge with one another. The two also came from a military background, and Calamity feels he has a lot in common with SteelHooves, a claim which the Steel Ranger denies strongly(though not offensively).
- Calamity immediately took a liking to Xenith, regardless of the fact that she is a zebra. Littlepip's trust was all he needed to be convinced of Xenith's worth and trustworthiness. Calamity respects Xenith, and was also Littlepip's first companion with whom Xenith was able to grow close to. He also chides Xenith for not putting in an effort to remember her companions' name, and she decides to heed his advice. He later builds her a helmet made with Hellhound claws, improving her prowess in combat even though she protests it as not being a natural part of her fighting style.
- Though Calamity hasn't had much interaction with Homage, due in part to not knowing of her true identity as DJ Pon3 initially, he eventually grows to like and respect her. Calamity is grateful to Homage for being there for Littlepip, knowing that she needed someone to love and care for her.
- Calamity shares many similarities with Arcade Gannon, from Fallout: New Vegas. Both were former members of the Enclave, are reluctant to share information regarding this past connection, and had suits of Enclave power armor hidden away. It is unknown if the similarities were intentional or coincidental.
- Calamity is also similar to Cassidy from Fallout 2. Both are prone to "wasteland justice", are the most accurate shooters out of all the companions, are very reliable companions, have extensive combat experience, and are polite and easygoing to those that they respect, with a clear and stubborn sense of right and wrong.
- Calamity's name and signature black cowpony hat are possibly a reference to a dialogue with Lucas Simms where the player has the option of stating, "Pfft. Nice hat, Calamity Jane!" as a snide remark about Simms's black cowboy hat.